1. Latest Amelie’s Bakery to open Saturday
The newest addition to the Amelie’s franchise is opening this weekend on Park Road. It’ll be in the backlot at Park Road Shopping Center, and returning customers can expect all the same quirks in decorations and delicious, rich treats. If you haven’t heard of this fantastic bakery, here’s the menu.
2. Outdoor movie series at the Promenade On Providence
Head over to the Promenade on Providence to enjoy a family-friendly movie night starting at 7:30 p.m. Friday. The movie “Sing” will be shown. Details here.
3. Watch Charlotte’s firefighters go head to head with CMPD on Sunday
The Seventh Annual Chief’s Cup Baseball Game will be held Sunday at BB&T Ball Park. Proceeds from the ticket sales will benefit Levine Children’s Hospital. Tickets are $5. For more info, click here.
4. Phantogram and Tycho live at the Fillmore
If you like electronica or chillwave music, Phantogram and Tycho are coming to the Fillmore on Saturday. Tickets are around $50, and doors open at 7 p.m.
5. Final day of Gendered: An Inclusive Art Show at the Mint Museum Uptown
This collection of art displays the progression of LGBTQ and feminism while addressing the challenges ahead. The last day of the show is Friday. More info here.
Categories: weekend events