Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, and that means a lot of good food, family time and our very own parade Uptown.
The Novant Health Thanksgiving Day Parade is one of the largest in the Southeast, with hundreds of people marching and thousands watching from the sidewalks. The weather is supposed to be a chilly 41 degrees and partly cloudy at the start of the parade.
The event kicks off at 9:30 a.m., but the event’s website recommends that anyone who wants a good view (including viewers who are handicapped) should arrive around 7 a.m., as there is no reserved seating except for VIP tickets.
Tryon Street will be shut down as the parade heads north from Stonewall Street to Ninth Street through the heart of Charlotte.
City buses are expected to run their normal routes, or you can find parking at these parking decks near the event. Event prices will be posted in front of each garage.
- Lot 510 – 510 S. College Street, Digital Pay station or pay per space
- Lot 400 – 400 S. Tryon St., entrance off M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard and Church Street, Pay Station – Pay Per Space
- Lot 330 – 330 S. Tryon St., entrance off M.L.K. Jr. Boulevard and Church Street, Pay Station – Pay Per Space
- Lot 237 – 237 S. Tryon St., entrance off 3rd Street – Pay station in lobby
- Lot 121 – 121 W. Trade St., enter off Trade or 4th streets, Pay per Space
- Lot 123 – 123 S. Church St., enter off 4th or Church streets, Pay at exit- Pay per Space
- Lot 214 – Hearst Tower Garage. Pay at exit
- Lot 525 – 525 N. Tryon St., enter off 9th Street. Pay Per Space
The parade is something special in Charlotte. It was started 70 years ago and is a longstanding tradition in the Queen City.
You can vote for USA Today’s 10 best parades list and make Charlotte proud. Currently, Charlotte is No. 5 on the list, ahead of Chicago and New York City’s parade.